For all your business information, Trends and Tips from around the world.

Business in Focus is now published at Teyie.com. For all your business information, Trends and Tips from around the world, Check out our new blog HERE | Teyie.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The cry of a 13 year old Kenyan Boy to his Government.


On 14th June 2007 East African governments announced their 2007/8 budget expenditure programmes. In Kenya a young boy, Trevor Kibet had his version of the budget and this is what he had to say to the Kenyan Government.

"I have been watching the economy grow from 0.3% to 6%. But sometimes I ask myself why Kenya can’t be like Singapore or South Africa. I went for Young People Conference in South Africa in February and I was amazed by the infrastructure. Is Kenya ever going to build such roads? Kenya definitely has the potential to become a world class economy. I watch CNBC (Cable Network Business Channel). When I am of age, I will create a business Channel that will engage politicians to talk about business and economic activities of the people of Kenya. I think it is time that we have professional political leaders. We could make Kenya not only a huge economic country
but also make Kenya a business centre. Kenya will one time be a huge economy and I will support the Government, but I will not just simply talk of how bad or good the Government is, I will take action and build Kenya even in the smallest way possible. I think it is time for me to take action and it is also time for all Kenyans to take actions. I have taken risk to write to you. I believe the biggest risk is not to take risk"
Trevor Kibet

No comments: